Spinach Salad with Walnuts
This brightly-colored salad gets its crunch from raw veggies and walnuts. It has only 113 calories per serving!
- 4 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine (or balsamic or rice wine) vinegar
- Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 1 (10 oz) package raw baby spinach (about 8 cups)
- ¼ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, cut into matchstick-sized pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut in thin strips
- 3 tbsp raw walnut pieces
Here are your instructions:
Combine oil and vinegar in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper if desired; whisk to blend. Set aside.
Combine spinach, onion, carrot, bell pepper, and walnuts in a large bowl; mix well.
Drizzle salad with dressing; toss gently to blend.