Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
Chicken Tortilla Soup is great to warm up your belly on a cold day.
- 1 1/4 lb raw boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 3-4 Breasts)
- 10 oz. can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes (no salt added)
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup caned black beans (no salt added), drained & rinsed
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups organic, low sodium chicken broth or stock
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- organic corn tortillas
- olive oil cooking spray
- Himalayan salt
- Optional toppings – avocado, cheese, lime, Greek yogurt, cilantro
Toss all the ingredients for the soup into your crock pot. Stir, turn on low, and go about your day. Check back in 6-8 hours.
Before serving, shred the chicken.
To Make Homemade Tortilla Strips
Preheat your oven to 350 and cut the corn tortillas into strips. Spray with olive oil spray and sprinkle with Himalayan salt. Bake for about 10-15 minutes.
Enjoy with toppings!
21 Day Fix container count: 1 red, 1/2 green, 1 yellow (if you add the avocado and cheese it’s 1 blue) per 1 cup of soup