Grilled Corn Cole Slaw with Tangy Lime Dressing
- 3 ears fresh corn, shucked and silks removed
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1/2 medium yellow bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeds and ribs removed and diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups napa cabbage, shredded
- juice of three limes
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 Tblsp honey
- salt and pepper to taste
Grill corn on gas stove top or barbecue grill over a medium flame until black char marks cover the ears evenly.
Cut the kernels off the cobs once cooled.
In a mixing bowl, combine corn, carrots, jalapeño, bell peppers, red and napa cabbage and cilantro and set aside.
Using an immersion blender or whisk, combine oil, vinegar, lime juice and zest and honey until smooth.
Add salt and pepper to taste and toss the slaw with the dressing.