Vegan Fried Chicken
You have to try this recipe for Vegan Fried Chicken!
This recipe author uses some chicken found at an Asian Market. It’s made by a company named “Verisoy”. You can use any chicken substitute you want.
Dry Ingredients (flour mixture) :
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
Mustard Mixture :
- 4 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup water
The Main Ingredients :
- Mock chicken (I use some chicken I found at the Asian Market. Its made by a company named “Verisoy”. I guess you could use any chicken substitute you want.)
- 4 cups peanut oil (you can use whatever oil you prefer. Peanut oil doesn’t burn easily, so I prefer to use it. )
Mix together all the dry ingredients except the baking powder.
Put the yellow mustard in another bowl with 2/3 cups of water.
Add 1/3 cup of the flour mixture to the yellow mustard mixture and stir.
Add the baking powder to the flour mixture.
Dip the Chicken chunks in the mustard mixture and coat evenly.
Dip the chicken int he flour mixture and coat evenly.
I prefer to use two bowls with tops. that looks me to put the chick in the bowl and shake it up.
Place the chicken in the oil. I cook it on medium heat. I cook it for about 10 mins.
Season the chicken with Seasoning Salt and let it sit overnight. It does not HAVE to sit overnight but it is recommended to season the chicken first and let it sit for a little.